Xiaomi Firmware Updater Changelog 3 - Tons of new changes!
Welcome to Xiaomi Firmware Updater’s changelogs, where we go over changes in the last weeks and announce some updates about next steps.
It has been a long time since the last changelog post, so many things happened from April to today. Let’s start:
Xiaomi Firmware Updater is now powered by Packet cloud servers! You may have noticed the increased speed of releasing new firmware files. More details available here and thanks again to Packet for their open-source support initiative!
MIUI ARB Checker
A few days ago, I started working on a simple command-line tool to check Anti-Rollback Index in MIUI Recovery and Fastboot ROMs. And as usual, it’s written in python3, means it works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
Telegram Chat Bot
Another project I’ve been working on since the beginning of May. “Uranus” chatbot is an all-in-one bot that provides useful services for Xiaomi users, based on Xiaomi Firmware Updater various projects like MIUI Tracker, Firmware Updater, etc.
Currently, the bot is available on Telegram only, but I plan to add more platforms later.
The source code of this bot is available on GitHub repo, contributions are more than welcome!
Xiaomi Firmware Updater Main Script Changes:
- Added Redmi Note 7 Pro China to weekly devices.
- Moved all devices that being worked on to separated JSON files.
- Improved GitHub releases uploading, by switching to github3.py.
- Added ROM Rollback checking, no more duplicate uploads again.
- Fixed non-arb stable firmware links in Telegram posts.
MIUI Updates Tracker Changes:
- Fixed Telegram message wrong posting.
- Moved all devices that being tracked on to separated JSON files.
- Added (MIX 3 Global - Redmi 7 Global/EEA - Note 7 Global/IN - Mi Play Global) to stable tracker.
- Added Redmi Note 7 Pro to weekly tracker.
- Updated (Mi 8 Lite - Redmi 6 Pro - Redmi Note 5 - Redmi Note 6 - Mi 6 - MIX 2) Beta tracking to 9.0.
- Added all EOL devices latest stable and weekly ROMs.
- Added all Android One devices to Fastboot tracker.
- Added unify MIUI downloads page.
- Fixed bold drop-downs in the navigation bar.
- Added Google Adsense ads and block AdBlock, please whitelist us!
- Added MIUI ARB checker and Uranus chat bot pages.
Support XiaomiFirmwareUpdater project
Maintaining a huge project like @XiaomiFirmwareUpdater that has been expanded to support more than 45 devices now, in addition to other services like @MIUIUpdatesTracker, tools/scripts like Xiaomi Flashable Firmware Creator, website and other things by one man is not a simple task. It requires a lot of efforts, time, money, sleepless nights, and strenuous perseverance.
If you want to support the project, you can donate using PayPal: https://paypal.me/yshalsager Or for continuous support be one of our special supporters on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpdater
Thanks for all supporters, who keep this project moving forward! ❤️
That’s everything for this week, and see you soon in the next changelog!